South Central Virginia
Welcome to South Boston! A quaint town dripping with southern charm, South Boston is a tight-knit community with a rich historical past. Whether you're relocating from across the state or across the country, we make it easier than ever to find your perfect place here—just use our complimentary relocation guide!
Search Homes in South Central Virginia
The Latest Properties for Sale in South Central Virginia
Tons of Activities
With tons of historical locations, bustling downtown scenes, and an active arts and culture atmosphere, South Central Virginia has a lot to offer residents of all ages!
From charming and affordable farmhouses to stunning and luxurious custom homes, there's a place and a neighborhood for every buyer in South Boston!
Home-Buying Made Easy
Whether it's your first home or your tenth, you'll find buying a home in South Central Virginia to be more than manageable!
Helpful Relocation Tips
With the right resources and the right real estate professional on your side, you'll have the keys to your new home in no time. Follow these tips to streamline your move.
1. Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Begin planning for your relocation at least a month or two before your move. The sooner you can pack and coordinate with the moving company, the better. During this stage, be sure to...
- Stock up on packing materials — boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap are great choices
- Start small — begin packing one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed
- Be selective about what you pack — host a yard sale to get rid of any unused items, or consider donating to a local charity
- Review all moving documents before signing — this is vital if you are planning to use professional movers
2. As Moving Day Approaches
In the days and weeks leading up to your move, finish packing all of your belongings into boxes. Don't forget to...
- Label everything — consider marking each box by the room it belongs to
- Pack fragile items last — be sure to wrap glassware in bubble wrap, towels, or winter clothing for extra protection
3. During the Move
On Moving Day, keep as much important information within reach as possible. That way, you'll have easy access to the essentials if you need to get to them quickly. Be sure to...
- Prepare an "essentials bag" — this can include a change of clothes, paperwork, medications, and a phone charger
- Make an "open me first" box — pack items like toilet paper, instant coffee, and a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress just in case you beat the moving truck to your new home
- Wait to unpack — once you arrive to your new home, take the time to clean your home while it's empty
Ready to Relocate?
South Boston, Danville, and other Southern Middle Virginia communities offer no shortage of beautiful country properties. As your local real estate expert, I can help you find your dream home quickly and easily. Connect with me and let's talk about your home buying plans.